Have you ever wondered how to check who is coming to your website, where they’re coming from and what they’re doing there? Google Analytics is the answer to all these questions! The level of tracking and insights is truly incredible and the data that can be harnessed from this analytics tool really is vital to your business growth.
What is Google Analytics?
It’s Google’s free web analytics service, which provides automatic collection of data so you
- can create customized reports
- easily integrate with other tools and platforms
- have the ability to measure internal site search
- can understand why visitors are bouncing off your website
- know the age, gender, interest, devices and locations of your audience
- understand which social platforms to target
- understand what kind of content you should write and
- can check if you are achieving your goals.
But how do you set up it up?
- First, either create an account or sign in to your Google Analytics account by visiting google.com/analytics and do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or app, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- Set up a reporting view in your property. Views let you create filtered perspectives of your data
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website so you can collect data in your Analytics property.
We’ve created a video on the above to show you just how easy setting up Google Analytics really is. If you need any assistance with the above or adding the Google Analytics tracking code to your website please get in touch.
If you’re visiting this page to improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) check out this article 5 Quick Tips to Better SEO Rankings