With 91 % of Australians owning smartphones it’s pretty important that your website is mobile friendly. I mean you only have to look around to verify this statistic, most people have their head buried in a mobile device.
When a potential customer visits your website on their mobile device and they are met with poor layout, clunky navigation and images that won’t load, do you think they will buy from you? The answer is, it’s highly unlikely, what is likely is they might go to your competitors mobile friendly website instead (that’s called a missed opportunity).
What are the features of a mobile friendly website?
- A website optimised for mobile will display correctly on your smartphone or tablet
- Each page will fit and adjust well to your screen size
- Images will load quickly and will fit correctly
What can you do to optimise your website?
- Compress images so they are quick to load (especially if the user is on mobile data)
- Add a caching plugin
- Minify your code
- Keep all plugins/themes/WordPress up to date
- Redesign popups for mobile devices
Some other things to check:
- Ensure clickable elements are not too close together
- Check that your content is no wider than the screen
Google LOVES a mobile friendly website and prioritises mobile page load speed as a key metric when determining your website’s search ranking, this is a big deal considering around 94% of organic search traffic comes from Google.
Take the mobile friendly test
Google has a free tool where you can test how well your site is optimised for mobile. If your website is not mobile friendly, you will fail.
Did you fail the test? If so, what can you do?
Reach out to us for a free audit. We will give you a list of things you can do to improve your website.